Sunday, August 21, 2011

Portland Sketches, Mostly Musicians

Keeping up my weekly routine of sketching at the markets in Portland on the weekend. I sprained my ankle so I had a painful time getting around, which meant I couldn't spend as much time as I would've liked. In any case a captured a few decent ones.

First up is the didgeridoo (?) player, who I have not done justice to:
 Kids and adults alike are endlessly fascinated by this man. His sounds make sketching easy to fall into.

I then traveled over to the main stage, where a pretty good singer-songwriter was crooning. I caught her on her last song, so the sketch didn't go very far:

The last one I did was the best and unexpected. I was just waiting for the bus for 20 minutes and happened upon a decent sketch of a Portland street:
Summer is still here! Soak it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis