Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sketches of Portlanders in the Summer

I spent the day yesterday trolling around the city, searching for scenes to sketch. There was no lack of subjects - the public spaces were filled with people playing games, playing music and enjoying the beautiful weather. I started my journey at the Velo Cafe stand at the PSU Farmer's Market, where they drip the coffee to order:












Coffee in hand, I then searched for musicians, which are easy to find at the farmer's markets. I sketched this jazz band for a while:
Then took it down a notch to sketch this acoustic guitar player, named Wesley. The floating figure on the right is the adorable dog he had with him that I gave up trying to fit into the sketch:

 Then I headed down to Pioneer Sqaure, where I found people playing chess on a tall podium. The guy who seemed to keep winning was Chery, a former football player from England and competitive chess player:
There are some truly fascinating people in this world. Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis